Went on my first mini road trip in the ILX yesterday

+ Reply to Thread

Went on my first mini road trip in the ILX yesterday

Great car on the highway. I have to say that sport mode on the 2.0 at 60mph+ the car is alot more fun to drive since it holds those revs high. I did a 6 hr roundtrip to Austin yesterday to the Circuit of the Americas formula one track. The last 20 miles of highway to get there is a 80mph speed limit and no one was on the road so I may have pushed the car past 100mph. I was still getting good gas mileage lol. I do like to road trip and I was happy to report the seats are very comfortable even after a few hours, I could do a 12+ hr straight drive in them. I think though after my first mini road trip I am regretting not get a tech package with navigation.

I might add the formula one track was awesome. Cadillac had an event going on where you got to drive cts-v's on the track, I went over 150mph on the last couple laps. Fastest I have ever driven. CTS-V is my dream car, This is the 4th time I've driven one in the last few years but the darn things are so pricey even used.

2012-12-09 16.55.56.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Looking good!

Always make sure your tires/pressure is good before doing a high-speed! I think the Tech package is nice but you can suppliment the features that come from it, so don't regret too much!

The new Cadillac CTS-V is soooooo nice.. and super fast! I am glad you had a good trip, and I'll have to report back with my upcoming 320 mile round trip that I am gonna do here soon.

Cool. Yeah next summer I'm actually going to take the ILX on the hot rod power tour lol. I know it sounds odd but I was planning on going with my caddy before I traded it in and figured well why not just take the ILX and mix it in with these old muscle cars and sports cars lol. I may end up taking our 2011 Camaro, it's just not as comfortable to drive imo.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Awesome. The CTS is definitely an wicked car. Wish I could visit the track. Been watching footage of laps, seems impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFright View Post
    Cool. Yeah next summer I'm actually going to take the ILX on the hot rod power tour lol. I know it sounds odd but I was planning on going with my caddy before I traded it in and figured well why not just take the ILX and mix it in with these old muscle cars and sports cars lol. I may end up taking our 2011 Camaro, it's just not as comfortable to drive imo.

what exactly goes on at that event?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.