Small Crack on Taillight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Small Crack on Taillight

Wow, idk where that came from. I've had the car less then 200 miles and I went to put a box in the trunk today and saw the drivers taillight on the lid had a small 2 inch crack going across it. Its odd, it kind of looks like its inside the light because the outside is still smooth. I have no idea what could have cause it. I'm gonna see if I can make the dealer replace it since it doesn't look like anything hit it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Report back with your findings.

Post up a photo. My TL had this problem. Something to do with the tail light being too tight with the rear fender.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

might have happened when the tail lights were being installed and the screws were tightened too much.

hopefully they don't claim it was cause by your own negligence, keep us post on what the dealership will do.

Can't really take a picture of it, doesn't show up. I'll let you know what the dealer says

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFright View Post
    Can't really take a picture of it, doesn't show up. I'll let you know what the dealer says
    Please do, at least others with this issue will know what to expect of their dealership. Thanks!!

Dealer told me it was stress cracks from someone pressing on it or pushing something on it really hard and refused to replaced. Basically I guess someone somewhere vandalized my car with the few days I had it. They did give me a nice quote of $499.18 to replace a taillight lol....lol

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFright View Post
    Dealer told me it was stress cracks from someone pressing on it or pushing something on it really hard and refused to replaced. Basically I guess someone somewhere vandalized my car with the few days I had it. They did give me a nice quote of $499.18 to replace a taillight lol....lol
    Sucks, but they do make a good point, possible that happened. For now you might want to seal the cracked area with clear silicone

Yeah stress cracks can happen and usually with pressure weather the screws were mounted too tight or something leaning against it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.