Acura down 4 spots on reliability, MDX least reliable model - Consumer Reports

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member cfrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    600

    Acura down 4 spots on reliability, MDX least reliable model - Consumer Reports



    Acura needs to step it up. They dropped 4 spots this year!

    __________________
    Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote




  2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Super Moderator Popeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    431
    Interesting

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    378
    I think because of toyota's mass amounts of cars on the road it helps with ranking them higher. if honda had pushed out the same volume they would fall right under toyota

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member cfrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    600
    I didn't know the Oddysey was an unreliable model. I DO know that the MDX gives problems.

    __________________
    Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote




  7. #5
    Super Moderator Popeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    431
    Ok here's a little insider info...Honda has been outsourcing some of its jobs to other companies. I won't go into any details but it's all in an effort to gain more profitability per unit sold. Thought being "why pay some one $28/hr to do the same job as you could get another company to hire people to do it for 15/hr"

    This has caused parts shortages and downtime. You may think so what ;but the result is inferior parts. Inferior parts leads to recalls and poorer reliability

  8. #6
    Senior Member cfrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    600
    ^ hm. I think the reliability of the Honda cars that are made in the USA vs the cars that are made in Japan are different.

    Since Honda has shifted manufacturing to home ground the reliability has gotten worse.

    __________________
    Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote




  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Ok here's a little insider info...Honda has been outsourcing some of its jobs to other companies. I won't go into any details but it's all in an effort to gain more profitability per unit sold. Thought being "why pay some one $28/hr to do the same job as you could get another company to hire people to do it for 15/hr"

    This has caused parts shortages and downtime. You may think so what ;but the result is inferior parts. Inferior parts leads to recalls and poorer reliability
    Interesting, I will have to look into that.

    Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    ^ hm. I think the reliability of the Honda cars that are made in the USA vs the cars that are made in Japan are different.

    Since Honda has shifted manufacturing to home ground the reliability has gotten worse.
    This is true, not just for Honda but Toyota as well. In the early 90's when Toyota and Lexus vehicles were built in Japan, the quality of cars they pumped out from those factories were amazing, ever since production has moved to the U.S. , quality hasn't been the same.

  10. #8
    Super Moderator Popeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    Since Honda has shifted manufacturing to home ground the reliability has gotten worse.
    My wife has said it and many of her lineworkers and even some members of the engineering staff agree;there needs to be more Japanese influence in middle management.What I hear at the dinner table is "hitting the number" in other words quantity is #1 not quality unless it's a safety issue

  11. #9
    Senior Member cfrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    600
    Yea I think if Honda/Acura tightned up quality control rather than concentrating on mass production it would really help their sales in the long run. Japanese culture is that workers are very passionate about what they do. I think some of this passion needs to be fed to our workers.

    __________________
    Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote




  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    Yea I think if Honda/Acura tightned up quality control rather than concentrating on mass production it would really help their sales in the long run. Japanese culture is that workers are very passionate about what they do. I think some of this passion needs to be fed to our workers.
    I think it will be tough to do that, they need a leader like what Toyota has. Only recently Toyota starting being more passionate about the cars they build here and in Japan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2