HandsFreeLink Bluetooth Audio Lag - 2016 Acura ILX Tech Plus Package

+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation HandsFreeLink Bluetooth Audio Lag - 2016 Acura ILX Tech Plus Package

Hi Guys,

New here to the forums, but a few days ago I have purchased a new 2016 Acura ILX with a Technology Plus Package. I couldn't be happier with the overall feel, power, comfort level, and all the gadgets the car comes with. I'm very satisfied, except for a big deal breaker. The HandsFreeLink (HFL) in the car has a 2-3 second audio delay with everything. This is a problem especially with phone based GPS navigation, because you get your instructions 2-3 seconds later then when you are supposed to get it. It is impossible to watch videos through bluetooth due to the audio delay, and same with music. Doesn't matter if I use the built in Pandora, or Bluetooth and select Pandora that way. Or even if I use my own media player, the songs have a 2-3 second delay. Not really an issue with music, but when switching between songs, you don't hear the change until 2-3 seconds passed, which can be very annoying especially when you are searching for a song through your library by skipping songs.

I called HandsFreeLink Acura tech support, and they said that yes there is a 2-3 second delay, but they will do nothing about it because they don't see it as a problem. I asked them about a possible fix, but they said they most likely won't fix it. I did some digging around and found lots of people with the same problem online with their Honda and Acura cars. I hear this also happens with other brands that use the same bluetooth chipset in their radios. But I haven't been able to find a fix for the issue. I found this online:

I'm not a Bluetooth engineer by any stretch, but it looks a lot like a bug in the Honda HandsFreeLink firmware that's preventing it from connecting to the "Audio Source" service on the phone. As a result, the phone ends up sending all audio as generic data instead of using the RTP real time transport protocol (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1889.txt).
    25273d1400024805-2014-awd-lx-bluetooth-audio-delay-still-there-honda-bluetooth-problem-nutshell.jpg
    - TheTARDIS (LINK)

Anybody know a way around this problem, or to force a faster sync between the audio and your phone? I know I could do AUX or USB, but I usually have my phone attached on my dashboard and I would have to have cables dangling. I'm very particular about looks and having everything organized.

Thanks!
    Last edited by peti1212; 04-08-2015 at 03:00 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I'm having this issue, it's it's pretty damn annoying. I'm very surprised that more people aren't complaining to be honest. It's not just annoying, it breaks the functionality of features like text to speech and especially the hands free option, which records the audio that's still buffering through the unit when it's expecting to just hear my voice.

2016 Acura ILX - Premium - A-Spec - NON Tech Package

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.