Is 27800 a good price for ILX 2016?

+ Reply to Thread

Is 27800 a good price for ILX 2016?

Hi All:

I plan to replace my old honda with ILX 2016. I inquired around the local dealers and the lowest price I got is 27800(lower than truecar price: 28820). However, I found that some people in Seattle get better deals(from AutoPriceShare, lowest deal is 27027). Is 27800 is a good deal? Please give me some suggestions.

My preferred model: ILX 2016 automatic(no additional package)
    Last edited by jake hughes; 05-18-2015 at 10:48 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

is that OTD price or car with just discount?

This is all I can tell you. I got a 2016 Acura ILX with the Tech Plus Package, $33800 MSRP, with $34500 Dealership Asking Price. TrueCar price in my area was $32800, and lowest someone purchased was at $31200. I gave them a call and told them they have a deal if I can get the car for $31000. They didn't even give me problems or hesitation, they just said, come on in. 2 hours later, I was out with a new 2016 ILX.

I'm thinking if MSRP is $27900 for the 2016 Acura ILX base model, I would suggest going for $26300. You may try $26000, but might be difficult according to TrueCar values I'm seeing in my area. I'm in California, in Ventura County.

Tell them they have a deal and you'll come in to sign papers with no negotiations at $26000. If the can't do it, tell them you don't have time for negotiations and you'll look elsewhere. Bam.. Also ask for the Internet Manager, rather than going through a Sales guy. For me the sales guy I worked with happened to be the manager as well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks for suggestion, friends. I bargain with the autopriceshare dealer in person. Deal is done, get 500 dollar additional discount.

Congratulations. I guess you did got it at fairly nice price.

Ask for manager, rather than going through a middle man or sales dealer. For me the sales guy i dealt with occurred to be the manager as well.

I was just at the dealership this past weekend. I was looking at the Catalina blue with technology and A spec package... I believe the sticker price was 35500 or so... They offered me 28900, I countered at 27000 and asked them to throw free basic maintenance (oil change) and one 150 accessory they told me NO. I think I might be able to get the car at least for 28000 if really pushed it without any extras... I guess I'll find out. I am going to start shopping around and see who has the color and car i want and Go from there... My goal is to get the car for 26999 and pay for all for the extra accessories for cost myself as long as they install them for free... Will see. I'll keep you all posted.

Note: If anyone has gotten the car with a spec and technology package. Please let me know how much you paid for it???

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.