placement of iPhone in ilx

+ Reply to Thread

placement of iPhone in ilx

Hey guys just got my ilx bellanova white 2.4 no navi. I use my iPhone as my navigation but their is no real spot for me to put my dashboard mount. I was wondering how you guys places your iPhones and other phones. Please leave some pics and suggestions. THANKS!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I've ordered one of these and plan to place it to the left of the hazard button.

Steelie Car Mount Kit

When I dont use the navi I got with my tech package, like if Im already driving and have the address ready on my phone, I tend to just lay my phone sideways infront of the screen. Sits nicely and my note2 is just smaller than the huge navi screen I have.

I wouldn't leave it there constantly though. It goes in my pocket when Im not using it for navi.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

That's what I do also but sometimes it falls over and my phone is my navi bc I didn't get the navi package

For those that have navi, did you find it worth the extra money? I can see myself using navi often as I use my phone often but since there is no touch screen on the ilx i'm not sure if the navi is practical and therefore worth the extra money. Some insight for those that have it would be appreciated. TIA!

I don't use the CD player, so I went with one that mounts into the CD slot. This the one I bought:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There is one problem though. You have to install it upside down. If you put it in the correct way, it pushes up again the volume button too much since it's so close to the CD slot. When I use, it does block some of the buttons (volume knob, presets 4 and 5) from view, but personally, it works fine for me. It would have been nice if they had placed the volume knob in a more traditional spot, but I just use the steering wheel controls to make up the the buttons I can't see. I like the placement of the screen though, and it doesn't block my view to the factory audio screen.

Acura ILX Discussion - AcuraZine Community
    I suggest everyone visit those forums. Much more trafic than this lonely site.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloKittyNINA View Post
    For those that have navi, did you find it worth the extra money? I can see myself using navi often as I use my phone often but since there is no touch screen on the ilx i'm not sure if the navi is practical and therefore worth the extra money. Some insight for those that have it would be appreciated. TIA!
    Yes yes yes. Not only do you get navi but you get onboard memory to save music to. 15gb so you never need a CD really. Plus 3 additional speakers and more power all around for the sound system.

Entering addresses can be annoying. And long distance GPS I found an issue when I tried locating a street about 3 hours from me. Not sure what was up with that but local directions work great. You do have to use the wheel and pick each letter one by one but the system is pretty smart in eliminating letters you wont use. Like if you want an Jefferson stree you will type in Jeff and the computer will pretty much eliminate everything but E, then R and it'll finish it once there is no other options in the city you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by pwdrday View Post
    I don't use the CD player, so I went with one that mounts into the CD slot. This the one I bought:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There is one problem though. You have to install it upside down. If you put it in the correct way, it pushes up again the volume button too much since it's so close to the CD slot. When I use, it does block some of the buttons (volume knob, presets 4 and 5) from view, but personally, it works fine for me. It would have been nice if they had placed the volume knob in a more traditional spot, but I just use the steering wheel controls to make up the the buttons I can't see. I like the placement of the screen though, and it doesn't block my view to the factory audio screen.
    I honestly cant stand phone mounts. I just lay it against the selection screen and it works great there. I control most of my music through my phone as well which then turns the audio screen into a touch screen.
    I have the tech package though so when using my phone for navi I can use my phone for music as well. The library on my phone is more up to date anyway.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by neveronlineilx Hidden Content
    ..don't want others whom lack imagination and have more spending money than me to bite ideas..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.