ILX, 4th most unwanted car in America

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ILX, 4th most unwanted car in America

ILX, 4th most unwanted car in America

Little top ten put together by Market Watch places the ILX as the 4th most unwanted car in America by consumers. Granted they dont give any specific metric for measuring but considering they make mention of the ILX's abysmal sales year last year and the fact that sales have picked well up for 2013 means thats what they likely went off. Although I'd say a good chunk of ILX's lost sales last year were due to the early recall. 4,000 ILX's sold through August 2012, 14,000 ILX's sold through August 2013.

Cars Americans don
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Well.. I have a 90 mile round trip commute and still think I am the only ILX on the road.. lol

a lot of people i've spoken to say they don't want to pay more for a fancy Civic.
    even on the streets i don't see many ILX's. as you get into busy cities you'll see more of them but so far it's nothing impressive

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

You can't argue with the numbers. The ILX doesn't sell well at all. I don't think it is a stretch from that fact to conclude that Americans don't really want the ILX. The bigger question is what is Acura planning on doing about it? What changes can Acura make to rescue this model and bring some positive press to themselves (other than the great press that the NSX generates?)

lol I love this.

Like I said a while back. I hope the ILX sells so bad it gets dropped off in the next few years. Less people driving it the better I say.

Quote Originally Posted by ilxluv View Post
    lol I love this.

Like I said a while back. I hope the ILX sells so bad it gets dropped off in the next few years. Less people driving it the better I say.
    \

+1

If it does get dropped off it would only mean more value for the car!

I can totally see all the cars around me double-taking when they see me driving

Quote Originally Posted by ilxluv View Post
    lol I love this.

haha then it will be rare and that is when the ILX will get the attention it deserves.

Exactly. Who cares if there is no aftermarket support. Any k20 or r18 build will be the same thing and there are plenty of aftermarket support for the engines themselves.

not a very popular model. its not competitive enough on paper to attract buyers. personally I think people should drive the car before they judge it.

well i wonder if that 14,000 ILXs YTD is about to get hammered because of the extra competition the CLA is about to bring. People won't justify the $30K on a fancy civic but they will justify the $30K for a cheap Mercedes...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.