Custom Acura grilles look way better

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Custom Acura grilles look way better

It can't just be me that thinks the standard Acura grille is pretty ugly. There are a lot of places that will do custom Acura grilles to remedy the ugly metal plate grille of an Acura. Take a look at what a little custom work can do.

Much better than this, don't you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

No no no no and NO.

Let me start by saying I LOVE the Acura grill. The 2012 line up has their best grill to date. It is a key feature of the acura brand and I find it stunning.

That first one is hideous. Way too much mesh.
    Second is still too much mesh and that hood and grill with all the paneling is just way too much. Gross.
    Third one is better than the first too but just looks like a cheap "sport" version of what acura already has.

The OEM one just looks more luxurious, less try hard, and is a great example of LESS IS MORE.

All opinion, happy modding.

The TL with UA9 plates look great and I agree Acura's with custom front grilles look far better than when stock. I don't know what Acura was thinking when they designed them

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

They were thinking they look great.

I couldnt imagine buying a car I thought the front end was ugly.

I think all of Acuras grills are not bad.

There are four cars with grills I do NOT like

1. The new TSX. The TSX died 2008 for me
    2. The 4th gen first iteration Acura TL.
    3. All the RDX grills
    4. The ZDX grill

I like the ILX grill, I like the new TL grill. RLX grill. NSX grill.

Quote Originally Posted by ilxluv View Post
    No no no no and NO.

Let me start by saying I LOVE the Acura grill. The 2012 line up has their best grill to date. It is a key feature of the acura brand and I find it stunning.

That first one is hideous. Way too much mesh.
    Second is still too much mesh and that hood and grill with all the paneling is just way too much. Gross.
    Third one is better than the first too but just looks like a cheap "sport" version of what acura already has.

The OEM one just looks more luxurious, less try hard, and is a great example of LESS IS MORE.

All opinion, happy modding.
    To each their own, but I cannot believe that you find the Acura grille "stunning." There isn't much design to it at all. It's a big metal shield platered on the front of the vehicle. It is a serious reason why I wouldn't by an Acura.

I can see where you are coming from with the mesh. There are plenty of other custom jobs that use less mesh but still improve upon the Acura grille. Even if you like the Acura grille, I'm sure there are custom jobs that you would approve of.

The acura shield is a culmination of the past decade of acura grills. Acura designers claim to have finally got it right and I agree.

And im a tuner that sees oem as clean. The above grills just look too aggressive to me.

Its obvious that the Acura designers wanted to stand out and make a statement. The latest versions are much calmer which I like, I bought the ILX because it looks good. But past ones were a bit like Mutant Ninja Warrior like. The different grills are not bad when they are body color. The chrome mesh one reminds me of a Bosch stove hood screen. More power to you on the mods though.

there are crazier out there

Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    there are crazier out there

That car looks like it eats children. Good for the designers for standing by their work, but I think if you look at overall public reaction to the Acura grille you would see that it has not been well received. I'll back pedal a bit on the mesh overkill though.

5548820064_large.jpg

Maybe something more like this.

I also like the ones that use the body color as the main piece instead of having the original design with the silver plate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.