Brutal

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Brutal

Brutal

Got T-boned this morning on my way to work. Can't believe it. I've owned the car for maybe a month.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Story? Might not be much of one but looks like it would have been there fault?
    Is the car leased, financed? Are they insured, is that a neon?

Good luck and hope you are uninjured!

Short story is the driver of the Neon crossed two lanes of traffic and hit me. It was a total surprise. There is this a spot where cars can wait for traffic to slow and then boot it across. There are no lights or anything, it's up to the driver's discretion. She didn't see me until it was too late.

No real injury other than being shaken up and some stiff neck/back muscles. Car is financed and I'm fully insured. We have public insurance so either way the car will get fixed. The only question is if I'm going to get a loaner vehicle. If the insurance adjuster determines it's 100% her fault then I get the rental car paid. It's for certain her fault but until she reports the accident on her end I have to wait..

I'm really hoping there is no frame damage and it's all just body/mechanical parts that need to be swapped out.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Damn. Glad to hear you are covered though. Hope she handles her shit soon! That would rock my world.

OOuch!!! Glad you are ok. Hope repairs don't take to long.

Good to hear you got out ok. That is heart breaking to see... I do hope its a total loss (I know that sounds strange) but a repair after that - your ILX will never be the same again.

cfrp is right, your ILX is never going to be the same, it looks like the control arms took a beating on the front wheel there so its possible something got warped, and that door looks like its never going to close properly again. I remember when i was a kid i got into a similar accident with my old ranger, only she took it on the bed at the rear wheels, It was fixed no problem but from then on the truck was constantly dog tracking, meaning it was going down the road with the rear end on a slight angle...

Oh man the bad luck Stupid drivers. Can believe it happened so soon. By the looks of it where it hit I think it might be a write off because the repairs for the repairs is hard to get back to 100%. Keep us updated. Sorry to hear bro.

Ya, honestly I don't think it'll be a write off and It's also not going to work in my benefit to be a write off. I bought the car for $27000. A 2014 ILX Dynamic in Canada is $34000. If it's written off and they give me say $25000, I'll need $7000 out of pocket to get the same vehicle.

Now, I spoke with an autobody shop locally and what they had to say was this.

• Due to the cars age, all damaged parts, panels etc.. will be replaced and not fixed.
    • Due to the cars age, all parts will be replaced with factory OEM parts. No substitutions.
    • No putty will be used anywhere
    • The car will be put back to original shape with the one exception of paint. It will be as close a match as possible but is not ALWAYS perfect. Having said that, silver is one of the easiest to match. ** Update - seems this may not be true but my old civic was silver and they matched the paint perfectly after an accident...
    • The shop's policy is to guarantee their work for lifetime. If there is anything wrong, it WILL get fixed.
    • They had no worries about drive-train, suspension etc.. They just find the parts that have issues and replace them.

So, do I think this will be a painless process? No... but I do think it's highly probable that I will get a virtually identical car to the one I had a few days ago..
    Last edited by Slip_Angle; 08-29-2013 at 04:07 AM.

I spoke with a highly recommended repair facility today and I asked the question mentioned above.

"Will the car will ever be the same again"

The response was you won't be able to tell the difference. It will be perfect and they guarantee it. Even the paint matching...

Car goes in on Tuesday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.