ILX Interior Comparison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: ILX Interior Comparison

ILX Interior Comparison

Now for the most important part of the vehicle, you better love your interior because its the most seen part of you vehicle, from your eyes at least. The CLA brings a quality to the entry level luxury game that I'm not sure the Verano and ILX can match....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

VERANO

The Veranos interior is put together nicely despite being a GM vehicle. The Verano has borrowed heavily from its older brothers LaCrosse and Regal. P.S the Verano Turbo is actually faster than the Regal GS...

CLA:

As Expected the CLA is dressed far nicer on the interior than its two competitors. The Leather looks butter soft, the center stack gleams and there are buckets all the way around, even in the rear. My one complaint is the glued on look of the nav screen. MY favourite part has to be the retro looking gauges...

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

ILX:

The ILX is a Honda product and you can tell. The Interior is uninspiring and rather bland for a luxury vehicle. The black plastic dash looks awful with the pseudo tan buckets...If Acura wants to be taken seriously as a luxury brand they really need to step their game up. Unfortunately i feel Acura has slipped from the peripheral Luxury brands into something not quite mainstream but not quite upscale, almost the territory Mercury and Pontiac were in before catching the axe... Right now i honestly feel that the three germans form the luxury core, with cadillac, Lexus and Infiniti a step outside, Lincoln and Buick 2 steps outside and then Acura...

I hate you already.
    Lets really quick compare an economy brand with a luxury brand. Lets compare apples and oranges shall we? I wonder how bad a fish will fail if I judge it by how far it flies?

The CLA uses precious materials... or should if its a mercedes. Acura uses common materials.

And if you ask me, the Acura looks horrible with its huge button. The Merc looks tacky as hell with those X air ducts. Verano wins in elegance. ILX>CLA interior minus materiels used.

Is the big button on are dashes cheap looking and has cheap feel.. yes it does. I just drove the new MDX and they have done a great remake of it. Put more of the newer Acura advancements in the ILX and it will do better. The air vents and fake metallic trim needs to have a more quality look to it as well, it Screams Civic. Will an Acura meet the quality and feel of a Merc or BMW I don't know for an entry level car.

But I have to say, I drove the Verano and I bought the ILX for its technical advances such as being a Hybrid and how it drove and looked. Just food for thought.....

Isn't the CLA fairly pricey compared to the ILX?

The BASE CLA is comparable to the ilx tech and hybrid tech.

I'd say the CLA takes first place.

Am I the only one who likes the ILX interior over the Verano?

when did acura become an economy brand, as far as ive always known Acura they were the LUXURY division of honda.... I dont see how the two vehicles can't be compared, both can be had for a ballpark of $30k although for $30 the Acura comes with much better standard features, I'm not sure where thats incorrect...

the CLA is a cheap mercedes engineered specifically to get into the entry level luxury segment, the Verano and ILX are both entry level luxury...

If you click through my other threads you'll find out I compared the CLA 250 with an ILX Tech and a Verano Turbo, so its not as skewed as you would like to think..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.