Want a Tech Pkg ILX, but concerned about HP

+ Reply to Thread

Smile Want a Tech Pkg ILX, but concerned about HP

Hi everyone,

I've liked the Acura ILX since it first came out and I almost purchased one in January but I held off hoping that the 201HP engine would be offered in automatic or at least with the Tech Package for 2014. I took one for a test drive last weekend and I really like the car but the 150 HP engine just felt so sluggish between 40 - 60 MPH. I passed on the TSX because it Tech Package is now outdated because of the ILX. For you owners out there with the 150HP engine, do you noticed the lack of power or does it suit you just fine? I'm not trying to race or even put the pedal to the floor, but I am concerned about going uphill and freeway driving. Any insights would be helpful.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I believe the 2014 Dynamic model is basically the Tech package with 201hp...at least it is in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by ILX_d1 View Post
    I believe the 2014 Dynamic model is basically the Tech package with 201hp...at least it is in Canada
    any idea what american's get?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Nothing new. Check out Acura's site.

I'd wait around if you aren't in a rush. There is a chance the 2.4L could be mated to an automatic in the future.

Go and test drive the current ILX. That is the only way to know if you find the ILX to be powerful enough.

Honestly. If acura was going to release a 2.4 automatic we'd hear about it probably a year before it debuts. Even then it'll take another year to mass market.
    Maybe we'll see a 2.4 automatic with the mid generation make over if the ILX even sees one. Id be willing to bet the ILX serves a short term like the RSX did.

Quote Originally Posted by ilxluv View Post
    Honestly. If acura was going to release a 2.4 automatic we'd hear about it probably a year before it debuts. Even then it'll take another year to mass market.
    Maybe we'll see a 2.4 automatic with the mid generation make over if the ILX even sees one. Id be willing to bet the ILX serves a short term like the RSX did.
    Exactly, these big changes take time and if they actually plan on making it a reality, we hear about it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.