2013 ILX Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)

+ Reply to Thread

2013 ILX Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)

Hello,

I was wondering if the 2013 Acura ILX's have the Active Noise Cancellation feature as do some other Acura's and Honda's?

I have installed an aftermarket subwoofer with amplifier and LOC and every time I hit the gas I hear a loud booming noise coming from the sub. After some research online I discovered this was a common problem with Honda Accords and some Acuras and the ANC mic had to be unplugged in the front and rear of the headliner in the cabin.

Thanks for the responses.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I haven't tried this on my wife's car yet, she is at work. Hopefully it works for the ILX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVRM...=youtube_gdata - Video Tube for YouTube - iPhone/iPad

I tried looking around before seeing how it's competitor, the Buick Verano has it, but it seems like the ILX doesn't.

It's possible we'll see this become available in future production years

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I haven't tried this on my wife's car yet, she is at work. Hopefully it works for the ILX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVRM...=youtube_gdata - Video Tube for YouTube - iPhone/iPad
    that also works on Honda accords, won't be surprised if it also works on the RLX and any other Acura's using the same/similar system

Hi, newbie to the forum here.

I'm reviving this old thread to see if someone can help with my problem. My wife and I just purchased a 2016 ilx and had a new sound system installed. We immediately started noticing a very loud rumbling noise coming from the sub box in the trunk. From what I've gathered this is a problem caused by the anc system. My question is how can it be turned off on a 2016. Our car has the base model radio.

Any help would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.