Windshield Replacement

+ Reply to Thread

Windshield Replacement

Has anyone replaced your windshield? I have a massive crack in mine and I have a safety inspection coming up. Local glass shops are telling me their are no aftermarket windshields made for the ILX. My local Acura dealer wants over 700! any help you can provide would be really appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

my insurance covers windshield replacement with a 100$ deductible. Is that not an option?

Thanks, I just confirmed my deductible is 500 regardless. Apparently some states have different values for glass but VA is not one of them.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Ouch. Good luck.

Yea it sucks for new models. I mean the OEM ones are usually better quality anyways. But they are super expensive.

Do you have to replace it or can you just get the crack treated?

Quote Originally Posted by yank2399 View Post
    Has anyone replaced your windshield? I have a massive crack in mine and I have a safety inspection coming up. Local glass shops are telling me their are no aftermarket windshields made for the ILX. My local Acura dealer wants over 700! any help you can provide would be really appreciated.
    It doesn't surprise me that no windshield company has the windshields in stock yet. It will be pricey. Usually windshields cost around 300-400$

i actually got mine done last weekend, $425 plus taxes, same windshielf that acura uses.
    I had some small local shop with no overhead do it, in and out within an hour so far so good man
    mind you im in Ontario not sure how prices compare in the states, i had a few guys tell me that the windshield isnt out yet either
    just call around

Thank you all for the replies. I don't have an inspection for another 2 months so hopefully the prices will go down. My crack curves but it is about 3feet long so their is no patching it. I will be happy if I can find it for under 500 .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.