Acura ILX reliability

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Acura ILX reliability

I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that made the differences between cars clearer. So a few years ago I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to track cars closely as they age.

We've had excellent participation by Acura owners, and I'd like to have reliability stats for the ILX as well. Just a matter of getting enough owners involved.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, following the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the ILX, for free. Once we have them, I'll share results for the ILX in this thread after each update.

TrueDelta | Enrollment

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Owners are signing up more rapidly for the 2014 than the 2013--are ILX sales picking up with the additional standard features?

Still not enough signed up to include either year in the survey. But we'd add the 2014 with just a few more.

i think sales are picking up because people are noticing the ILX more and more, not everyone follows the automotive world online, most go by what they see on the road or dealer.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

With a few more responses for the 2013 we could provide stats for it next February.

The 2014 is already a quarter of the way to the minimum. Hopefully we can soon provide stats for it as well.

TrueDelta | Enrollment

Just a note I'm having to bring my first model year ILX in for hardware issues again, first time was for the tweeter covers coming off and now the trunk arm plastic cover has broken. My car is only 16 months old. A bit worried.

We're at 30K on our 2013 2.4L and zero issues. My wife is the primary driver and I get in it mostly on the weekends

I'm thinking an ILX would be as reliable as or even more so than a Civic, which is saying alot, with just regular maintenance you should be able to run it til the wheels fall off. I'm not a fan of buying the first year of a new vehicle or the newest generation of a current vehicle but seeing as the ILX is based off the 12+ Civic, that has already been around for almost two years and they still sell like hot cakes so I'm not worried. I got a CPO with just over 6k miles on it and it's impeccable, so if there were any issues they were probably found and fixed already when they did their "150 point" inspection, plus it had a better warranty than if I bought new

Quote Originally Posted by Car nut View Post
    Just a note I'm having to bring my first model year ILX in for hardware issues again, first time was for the tweeter covers coming off and now the trunk arm plastic cover has broken. My car is only 16 months old. A bit worried.
    Update, just finished at Center Acura Sherman Oaks CA. What a great dealer. Armon fixed my trunk arm cover for free, top off the fluids, checked the VSC, ABS, detailed my car and out the door $0.00 out of pocket. Faith renewed with Acura.

Quote Originally Posted by Car nut View Post
    I had both of those things happen on my 2013 as well. I'm at 60,300 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I had both of those things happen on my 2013 as well. I'm at 60,300 miles.
    WOW that's some driving

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.