2013 Acura ILX - Are We Being Too Rough?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2013 Acura ILX - Are We Being Too Rough?

2013 Acura ILX - Are We Being Too Rough?

2013 Acura ILX - Four Seasons Update - March 2013 - Automobile Magazine

Article compares the ILX to the CLA.

Is the CLA going to hurt the ILX? Only time will tell. I do feel like Acura should update the ILX to make it more competitive.

LSD and navigation anyone?

Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

They should just go cheaper to fight off the CLA. In the end CLA owners will get rapped with the cost of ownership with a Merc.

Trentimus likes this.

When kia's and Sentra's come with most or more options and features . Acura will need to beef up the goodies list to compete better. As for the merc, yes owners will have more costs involved. It's odd to compare the two.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Im interested to see how the motor holds up compared to a kia or something of the sort. I got the Auto so I have nav, and its pretty cool. I just really wish I had driver seat recognition and electric passenger seat. That I think would help it out.
    Trentimus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
    Im interested to see how the motor holds up compared to a kia or something of the sort. I got the Auto so I have nav, and its pretty cool. I just really wish I had driver seat recognition and electric passenger seat. That I think would help it out.
    Memory seats are huge luxury.. once you have them you absolutely miss them when they're gone.. that and a glasses holder are the two features I miss most.

Me personally the CLA will likely dominate the ILX with the car critics.. but they also don't car nor consider the cost to own when they review the cars... The ILX shares the key component of Honda that makes it so appealing.. the car will absolutely LAST.
    Ahmed likes this.

I'd be very worried if I were Acura. Mercedes hit the ball out of the park with CLA IMO. Automakers are going to have hard time competing with the CLA's price point and quality.

Only advantage with going with the ILX is you don't have to worry about maintenance, it's a honda at heart, but the CLA being a Benz will be pricey as with any Benz.

Also you have to look at it like this.... $33k gets you an AWD CLA basemodel, but the same money can almost get you a top of the line ILX. Really depends what you want and what your income is like.

No doubt the cost of parts on the Mercedes will be a lot compared to the ILX. I wonder what Acura's game plan is since German manufacturers are starting to move in on the affordable luxury market.

ILX will save you a few thousand over the total cost of ownership (TOC) over 5 years.

It actually has best in class, which is one reason why I got it. The CLA will have a pretty high TOC because its a Mercedes.

Kelley Blue Book - click on "Entry Level Luxury Car"
    Saildog4534 likes this.

I actually prefer the look of the CLA but the ILX is more of a keeper car. Not to mention the CLA price will inflated, You'll be lucky to find one under 35k. Like I said though ILX is a keeper car, i'd rather have an Acura for 5 years /100k miles then a Mercedes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.