2015 Acura ILX Coupe Is Dead :O

+ Reply to Thread

2015 Acura ILX Coupe Is Dead :O

Shocking news, I know. [edit: sarcasm]

Seems like Edmunds want to remind us ILX and coupe fans that we can never have it, ever.

Just the Facts:
    A coupe version of the ILX sedan was part of the original product plan for the new nameplate.
    Slow sales of the ILX sedan make the coupe a less likely addition.
    An Acura official refused to comment on any future product plans.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Lol.. Edmunds is awesome with their tagging!

LOL, can someone tell Edmunds no one was asking.

I think it was quite obvious Acura had no intentions for an Acura ILX coupe or else we'd be the first group to know plus Acura never mentioned anything about a coupe or even went as far as showing a coupe concept.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

well we can't just base it off of one reputable sites opinion. I think its still possible. Just look at though this is the lowest Acura that they have and don't have a coupe any where in their line up. And the closest thing is the yet to be released NSX that has two doors but its way too expensive. So it all comes down to having an afford entry level coupe from Acura.

Whether or not the Acura ILX will happen or not will be based on how the sales go for the current ILX sedan. If Acura sees a potential in sales growth for a coupe variant then why not. But just from reading I hear that the ILx isn't making money like it was projected to. If Acura can establish a something for 2014 for the ILX sedan then maybe we could see the ILX coupe but the chances are slim.

I dont think acura cares about a coupe design. Coupes just arent as luxurious. And before everyone says "what about the g35?!"
    Big body is luxury. Small cars are luxury. Honda has a handle on the sporty luxury so maybe acura wants to handle the pure luxury end. The g35 I consider a sports car before anything. Compare it to the rest of infinities line up and its hardly luxurious. The coupe could do good but it would probably be stuck with a nitch crowd like the sc400 owners. I know I like my sedan over a coupe anyways. But I came from a coupe.

Luxury coupes are all over 40k so there is a market for it.. But that market is not likely filled by Acura

There are a ton but luxury buyers tend to steer clear of them.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.