2013 Buick Verano vs 2013 Acura ILX

+ Reply to Thread
    Sponsored Editorial Content

2013 Buick Verano vs 2013 Acura ILX

Can a car still offer a luxurious driving experience without being big, heavy and expensive? We find two vehicles that fit the description, available for just under $30,000, which give you a premium driving experience, without the extra pretentiousness of a big luxury car.

Practically defining a new market segment, the Acura ILX and Buick Verano are small cars, but manage to be full of luxury goodies and technology. Both cars borrow platforms from less premium compacts: the Honda Civic underpins the Acura ILX, while the Chevrolet Cruze provides the basis for the Buick Verano. That said, are these two just dressed up economy cars? And if not, which is the better buy?
    AutoGuide.com compares these two compact luxury cars. Read 2013 Buick Verano vs 2013 Acura ILX to find out which compact premium car is worth your money.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

How I see it, the Verano does a better job at representing true luxury, while the ILX doesn't, but Acura was never about REAL luxury. Instead Acura is a bit of Sporty and Luxury, which can be a good thing.

In the end these cars represent what the brands they come from are all about. I don't think a comparison like this can help someone finalize their decision on which car to buy but it gives you all the other key info that needs to be known. Someone seriously considering either car needs to get behind the wheel of them, that will be the moment of truth!

I looked at the Verano before we bought our Acura ILX with Tech and Hybrid packages. Yes it was full of options, and ok looking, but when you look at it seriously, its still a Buick with Chevy insides. I have owned, Buick, Pontiac, Chevy, Oldsmobile and Saturn. Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Chyrsler, Jeep as well. Three brands of which GM doesn't make any more. I have had serious mechanical failures, body parts falling off, gas tanks fracturing and interior bits and pieces braking off in my hands, seats breaking free from the floor boards, blah, blah, blah. People can dog my Acura for lack of power etc. but I bet you it will still be in one piece and worth more when it comes time to trade it if I do. I'm happy I bought the Acura ILX. Its been a great car thus far and is built well. The only other make I own now is BMW. Judging from my history guys and galsI'm really cautious when it comes to a Domestic auto designer. I believe in buy American thats why I also bought the ILX.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Very good speech. So true. at the end although the Acura ILX isn't the fastest i the bunch it will most likely last way longer and sustain from things breaking. I'm not saying thibgs won't break but definitely last longer than the others. For anyone that knows cars, will understand the reliability that Honda and Acura offers in their vehicles.

As a former electronic module supplier to Honda/Acura I was very impressed with the quality of engineering put into the cars. The USA models would do anything to save money, while Honda/Acura evaluated a cost save and if in there opinion it could possibly have quality issues would turn it down. It as a pleasure to work with a Company that had a high regard for the engineering and would not sell itself short for a possible quality issue. Looking forward to many happy miles in my 2013 ILX.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.