Acura ILX Coupe Rendered into Reality

+ Reply to Thread
    Sponsored Editorial Content

Acura ILX Coupe Rendered into Reality

With the recent introduction of the ILX entry-level luxury sedan at the Chicago Auto Show, Acura is reportedly planning a two-door version to follow. Like the sedan, the ILX Coupe will borrow its underpinnings from the Civic which already has a two-door offering.

To illustrate just how the ILX Coupe could look, we've employed the rendering expertise of Jon Sibal, who has had remarkable success in the past with cars like the Camaro ZL1. Along with the conversion to a coupe, this "concept car" showcases a new side skirt design, a sloping rear roofline, new wheels and a modified headlight design.

Available powertrains include the same 2.0-liter 4-cylinder base engine, a larger performance-oriented 2.4-liter and a hybrid 1.5-liter. Of note, however, by the time the Coupe does arrive Acura's Earth Dreams Technology line of new engine technologies will be in full swing, meaning that we should expect the addition of direct-injection to each engine, as well as CVTs, with improved performance and fuel economy. The new technology could make for a 160 hp 2.0-liter with fuel economy above 40 mpg on the highway, while the 2.4-liter should produce as much as 220 hp.

More: Acura ILX Coupe Rendered into Reality on Autoguide.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

That actually looks really good! But I wonder what the market is like for 2 door compact luxury coupes, Honda might be better off sticking to the Civic coupe.

2 door luxury coupes dont live that long i think esp honda ones like the RL you dont see that very often at all..

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Looks good to me, I approve!

Someone needs to do a Acura ILX convertible rendering, as a convertible it could do very well. Might have a chance competing with cars like Chrysler 200 convertible.

i approve highly the lines remind me of the only 3.2CL!

looks good hopefully that will be the actual release render

Quote Originally Posted by K24Frank View Post

i approve highly the lines remind me of the only 3.2CL!

looks good hopefully that will be the actual release render
    Good point, it's just too bad the ILX Coupe will most likely come with a 2.4L engine at the biggest. If it was confirmed to come with a V6 it just might attract a lot of people. What are the chances of the ILX coupe having a V6?

I wish I knew this was actually coming. We'll probably buy the sedan, because I won't wait for a car that might never be sold.

Quote Originally Posted by bilzfan View Post
    I wish I knew this was actually coming. We'll probably buy the sedan, because I won't wait for a car that might never be sold.
    good choice, i wouldn't bother waiting for a coupe version with not knowing how long the wait will be. The sedan looks amazing already I just hope they make the coupe look good. Acura can either make it or break it, we'll just have to wait and see. I say give it until late 2012- early 2013 till we a ILX coupe concept.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.