Acura ILX to Keep Base Engine, NSX to Cost More Than GT-R

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Acura ILX to Keep Base Engine, NSX to Cost More Than GT-R

Sponsored Editorial Content

Acura ILX to Keep Base Engine, NSX to Cost More Than GT-R

Rumors of Acura dropping the base 2.0-liter engine from its lineup have been debunked, as the Japanese automaker spoke out on the speculation revolving its newest sedan.

The 150-hp, base 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine will remain in the ILX’s lineup according to Acura spokesman Carter Jung, who noted that it was “pure speculation” that the engine would be dropped. Jung also elaborated that the ILX’s sales outpaced both the TL and TSX last month and it was the best-performing sedan in the Japanese automaker’s lineup for November.

A total of 2,108 ILX models sold in November, compared to the TL which sold 1,918 units and the TSX at 1,768 vehicles. Honda spokesman Chris Martin on the other hand, mentioned that despite the automaker being in no position to announce pricing on its upcoming NSX model, he did state that it will likely be higher than the Nissan GT-R – so at least the $100,000 territory.

More: Acura ILX to Keep Base Engine, NSX to Cost More Than GT-R on AutoGuide.com
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Finally some positive news. I have the 2.0 base model and im happy with it. Does everything i want it to do and more so why not.

Damn shame on both accounts

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

New poster here
    I'm considering this car as a replacement to my current car sometime next year. This is probably wishful thinking but I'm hoping they a direct injected 2.4 with more power in its engine bay, better mpg and a choice of a manual or auto with 6 speeds though I'm not opposed to a CVT. Hopefully this whole emergency refresh deal gets this done, if not I guess I gotta look somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by SK89 View Post
    New poster here
    I'm considering this car as a replacement to my current car sometime next year. This is probably wishful thinking but I'm hoping they a direct injected 2.4 with more power in its engine bay, better mpg and a choice of a manual or auto with 6 speeds though I'm not opposed to a CVT. Hopefully this whole emergency refresh deal gets this done, if not I guess I gotta look somewhere else
    The thing reall in this is that.. Honda/Acura already planned to impliment the Earth Dreams motors and new transmissions along with them. I think people are assuming that because they're being implimented in the Hondas they will be in the ILX. We don't know for sure what is rumor or fact at this point. BUT, you can probably expect a 2.4L earth dream motor with available CVT.. probably netting a bit more than the accord MPG wise and the same HP/TQ numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentimus View Post
    The thing reall in this is that.. Honda/Acura already planned to impliment the Earth Dreams motors and new transmissions along with them. I think people are assuming that because they're being implimented in the Hondas they will be in the ILX. We don't know for sure what is rumor or fact at this point. BUT, you can probably expect a 2.4L earth dream motor with available CVT.. probably netting a bit more than the accord MPG wise and the same HP/TQ numbers.
    Since it does use a higher compression 2.4, I would guess it'd have more power, and it would make sense for this and/or the TSX having more power than the accord. Even if it had 10 hp bump to 211 from 201 and a torque bump to 180 from 170, it'd still be a great package if it gets a CVT or a 6AT that'll help boost the mpg's on the 2.4. Though since they're keeping the 2.0 they might as well get an Earth Dreams 2.0 with a CVT to get it closer to 40mpgs, and somehow redo the hybrid to eke out a couple extra mpgs.

I haven't driven the new accord yet but had its 4 cylinder had the the same or more output than the TSX/ILX 2.4 along with improved mpgs, I probably would've jumped for a coupe right off the bat.

Since it does use a higher compression 2.4, I would guess it'd have more power, and it would make sense for this and/or the TSX having more power than the accord. Even if it had 10 hp bump to 211 from 201 and a torque bump to 180 from 170, it'd still be a great package if it gets a CVT or a 6AT that'll help boost the mpg's on the 2.4. Though since they're keeping the 2.0 they might as well get an Earth Dreams 2.0 with a CVT to get it closer to 40mpgs, and somehow redo the hybrid to eke out a couple extra mpgs.

I haven't driven the new accord yet but had its 4 cylinder had the the same or more output than the TSX/ILX 2.4 along with improved mpgs, I probably would've jumped for a coupe right off the bat.
    The 2.4 Earth Dreams, unless they release a different variant, does not show a power increase over the K24Z7 used in the ILX... however it does show an increase in torque and fuel economy.

The new Accord is an incredible value, as it always has been. If a couple is what you're looking for, it has interesting styling ques.. I personally would opt for the V6 Accord if given another shot at it.. however in my opinion the styling and size of the ILX were major selling points. This car is perfect for me.. Just need new tires and a suspension drop and it will be way above my expectations of a car in its class.
    Last edited by Trentimus; 12-14-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Speculation started after a few words were said about the 2.0L engine from a Honda VP saying: “underpowered and consumers don’t see the value.”

The size of the ILX is a big selling point for me but the accord and the tsx isn't too bad either. I'm hoping for a higher power variant of that Earth Dreams 2.4 for the ILX and TSX to show its face anytime soon.

Honda's throwing a lot of mixed messages... its getting really confusing.

The size of the ILX is a big selling point for me but the accord and the tsx isn't too bad either. I'm hoping for a higher power variant of that Earth Dreams 2.4 for the ILX and TSX to show its face anytime soon.

Honda's throwing a lot of mixed messages... its getting really confusing.
    It's really the authors of these articles.. We don't know how much is factual.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.