Acura ILX Endurance Racer Video, First Look: 2012 SEMA Show

+ Reply to Thread
    Sponsored Editorial Content

Acura ILX Endurance Racer Video, First Look: 2012 SEMA Show

Acura is set to go racing in the near future with a track-prepped version of its new ILX compact premium sedan.

Looking nothing like the Civic on which it’s based, this ILX Endurance Racer is one of the highlights of the Honda/Acura booth at this year’s SEMA Show.

For more on the extent of the modifications and where Acura intends to race this new machine, watch the video below.

More: Acura ILX Endurance Racer Video, First Look: 2012 SEMA Show on AutoGuide.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

This being just the beginning of the modification process for the ILX endurance racer, I can't wait to see what they do to it. I bet right now they're developing internal engine parts to boost up it's performance. Hopefully a nice mix of N/A performance parts and forced induction will become available.

Hopefully this is the tip of the iceberg

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

250 whp should be easily obtainable on a NA K24

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    250 whp should be easily obtainable on a NA K24
    Yup! 250 is quite realistic just on typical NA mods anyone can get. This being a race car with a car maker backing it's development I think we can easily see 300 NA from this engine.

That front grill is amazing in CF i hope some of that comes to us the consumer!!!

it would be nice if they offered these for sale like an HFP kit or something. More options if your more of an enthusiast.

I'll be attending the 2013 NAIAS in Detroit next month and plan on grilling the Acura people about resurrecting the A-Spec program (HFP) hopefully I won't be met with a "deer in the headlights" looks

FYI .......THR-W ended up 5th in class for the 25Hr of Thunderhill. Shame since they qualified 1-2

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    FYI .......THR-W ended up 5th in class for the 25Hr of Thunderhill. Shame since they qualified 1-2
    That sucks. Maybe it was due to mechanical issues that held back on it's performance, or the other teams stepped their game up.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.