Evasive Motorsports SEMA car - Wheel setup!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Evasive Motorsports SEMA car - Wheel setup!

So, I emailed Evasive Motorsports about how they got the stance they did with the ILX @ Sema

They used Rays G25 wheels with a spec of 19x8.5 +45 with 235/35/19 tires.. They did NOT have to roll the fenders (this really surprises me)..

Here's the part I didn't expect.. they used 5mm spacers in the front and 10mm in the back. Their car's stance looks so good it tempts me to go 19" wheels in that exact spec/set up but I am not looking for the headache that can potentially come from that tire/wheel size combo.

In short.. we can get a pretty aggressive set-up on this car.. I am thinking about a lower offset to get a deeper concave and then using spacers to get the clearance and flush look back.. anyways thought I would share. They responded really quick so if anyone is looking to buy definitely contact them, I noticed they have a few parts up already for ILX
    K24Z7.. Like a boss!

2013 Polished Metal Metallic "Dynamic" Hidden Content ; 32% tint all around, so far...

CT-E Supercharger is in route... Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Even without the spacers the 19x8.5 setup should be flush. Personally I would go 19x9 35offset with 245 tires. No spacers.

I really wanna go something 17 or 18 w/ a 8-9" width, the offset and tire size w/ it being lowered over 1.5 inches is the part I am worried about.. but he said the same thing, you could go 9" width or a different offset if you wanted. I want something with a concave but from what I have been reading the TE37 SL have more of a concave but they're limited in options.. I'd really LOVE some pressed graphite TE37 SLs 18" but to figure out the offset/width that wont rub and hopefully give some concave

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

TE37 don't start getting concave til the 9.5s

They start at 9.5 and 20 offset.

Camber is the solution to all your problems! And tugging the fenders day and night!

a 15 offset on a 9 inch wheel seems doable without going out of this world crazy on the fenders

IMHO if you looking for good looks these options are doable ; But with only 200hp on board my wheel criteria will be lighter reciprocating weight without sacrificing strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    IMHO if you looking for good looks these options are doable ; But with only 200hp on board my wheel criteria will be lighter reciprocating weight without sacrificing strength.
    I won't be racing the car but Volks offer up really light wheels. The 17x9 TE37SL are only in the 16lb range. Even the 19s are below 20lbs

Yea all Volk forged wheels are very light. Been looking at getting 17x9 black CE28Ns on the rsx. Been debating which offset to get.. 35 would be the easy to fit.. But 22 looks nice but is a nightmare to fit.

I wonder how well a +25-30 offset will sit, maybe even a +20. I'd love to run a +20 offset on a 8 or 8.5 inch wheel without rolling and pulling the fender

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.