Difference between 2014 ILX 2.4L premium and 2012 Civic SI suspension?

+ Reply to Thread

Difference between 2014 ILX 2.4L premium and 2012 Civic SI suspension?

Before I bought my ilx 2.4 I read some reviews that listed the suspension as a "con" because it was the same as the base 2.0L ILX. Everyone knows it's based on a civic so I went to an online oem honda/acura parts seller and compared diagrams. The brakes are exactly the same part number as the civic si but the control arms etc have a few different digits at the end despite looking identical. It looks like the only difference may be the bushings. I remember reading an article where the civic si basically kept up on the track with a mazdaspeed 3 and an impreza ralliart depite having 50-70 less HP. Do you see what I'm getting at? Does the suspension need to be better or does it just need some summer tires to get the handling up to par with sportier cars? I haven't had any other decent cars before my ilx 2.4L so I don't know if I'm missing out on good handling or not. It feels good to me but I've read some complaints online from others. Is it really that bad or do people just love to hate? I can't help but wonder if a few bucks worth of civic si bushings and stickier tires are the only difference between my cars .81 skidpad score and the .88 of the civic si and whether it can be even better than that with easy/cheap mods. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I would say youve got better thinking on this than most.

Yes the ilx is very similar to the civc and yes suspension wise the 2.0 and 2.4 ilx are not very far off.
    I would agree some upgraded tires will improve a lot as well as some nicer bushings. That should get it to a civic si handling feel which i believe is pretty decent.

Some $230 lowering springs, brand new tires, and bushing will totally change the characteristics of the car. Throw on a bigger sway bar and youll feel that much more.

It sounds like the tires and rear sway bar are the ones that will make the biggest difference.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.