Ilx on coils...what are you riding?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ilx on coils...what are you riding?

Ilx on coils...what are you riding?

Purchasing coilovers soon for my ILX and I am trying to get feedback from anyone who has tried any of the options that are available for the ILX. I am not a fan of Tein's offerings as they only allow minimal drop in height. I am between the D2 RS coils and the Megan street series Coilovers. I'm not planning to sling my ILX around a track, so spare me the banter that these aren't high quality coilovers, I'm not building a race car. Just want a nice drop (This car has plenty of room to go down) with a decent street ride and improved handling because the ILX needs it bad. Planning to pair the drop with either the Megan rear camber kit or the Skunk2 camber kit. Any input from anyone who has actually dropped their ILX would be greatly appreciated. Planning to do this mod at the same time as the RV6 downpipe, intake, and flashpro. Should be a horribly fun car once this is done.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Only one person so far has done coilovers. They went megan and frankly wont respond to my questions.

I could be wrong but arent the megans and d2 vastly different in price range?

Im looking forward to the first ILX on bags!

Seeing how the ILX is the perfect candidate to be VIP-styled i know someone into that will install a baller air bag setup

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I think Megan and D2 are both around the $1k price range if I'm not mistaken.

Megan should be around $700.
    Unless they've released as second version, which they always do.
    Then they'll be around $700 and $1000 respectfully.

does anybody on here have the Megan coilovers installed on their ILX? Hows the ride?

These forums move slower than azine.ilx does and no one over there has anything but springs. One person sending their car in soon I believe to test fit some coils but they frequent azine for than ilxforum.

So far only person on coils are megan ez street. I didnt get a response about quality or how low they went from the dude that installed them but Ive asked the owner so hopefully she responds soon. Stolen from her instagram:

ILX6speed likes this.

As soon as I sell the parts from the old car...!!

Coilovers coming soon!

if your going with cheaper coil overs to dump your ILX I highly recommend getting some coil silencers or else your going to pull your hair out from listening to the constant coil bind and knocking thats going on from anything ranging from a speed bump to a small pebble...

What cars did you previously own?
    My last car was lower than I intend to take my ilx for a very long time and there was never any hair pulling out.
    In fact ive following two threads specifically on slammed hondas/acuras and not once have I heard a complaint about noisy coil bind.

I guess itd be a good product if id ever heard my coilovers make noise from inside the car. But in the 3 years my car was border lined dumped, never once did the coils make a sound.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.