Acura ILX and Honda Civic parts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Acura ILX and Honda Civic parts

Do you think any of the suspension parts on the ILX and Honda Civic will be interchangeable?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

R20
    Usually yes, most of honda cars are interchangeable everything is like lego!

just like how the 8th gen and the csx are almost 95% the same!

I recently confirmed with a Honda engineer friend of mine that worked in Greenville and now works at ELP;the 2.4L has the same suspension bits as the 2012+Civic Si sedan.So when lowering springs and or coil-over shocks are developed for the 2012 Si the same will fit the ILX.
    Interestly the IZOD Civic Si pacecars use D2 coil over shocks;I'm going to contact them and verify the ILX application

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Bump

I was reading a guy on Acurazine saying that some of the ways the suspension parts are linked actually are different.. so if that's true, no direct swappy swappy

Hes right ^
    I was in that posting in acurazine lol. There are a few parts different actually including the bushings. If you want to be the lab rat and confirm if they fit or not let us know, im just guna buy suspension that was made for the ilx.

Quote Originally Posted by SlammedILX View Post
    Hes right ^
    I was in that posting in acurazine lol. There are a few parts different actually including the bushings. If you want to be the lab rat and confirm if they fit or not let us know, im just guna buy suspension that was made for the ilx.
    His name is Spdandpwer .. he's been talking to a lot of the different vendors (this is just word of mouth) but he said the shops or manufactures are trying to give him an idea of what will work and what wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentimus View Post
    Bump

I was reading a guy on Acurazine saying that some of the ways the suspension parts are linked actually are different.. so if that's true, no direct swappy swappy
    Hes right ^
    Quote Originally Posted by Trentimus View Post
    His name is Spdandpwer .. he's been talking to a lot of the different vendors (this is just word of mouth) but he said the shops or manufactures are trying to give him an idea of what will work and what wont.
    I guess in a way it's a good thing since we know not just the exterior and interior of the ILX is far off from a Civic but the suspension has it's differences too...
    On the downside, not having interchangeable parts will probably result in higher prices for our aftermarket parts.

Apparently sway bars are interchangable

Well from what spdandpwr posted on my wheel thread in acurazine, people have been buying civic si coilovers and throwing it on the ilx? im confused because of all this nonsense.. thry have the same chassis but different compo as the ilx looks completely better then whats now the "civic si" and only a few parts are interchangeable. Imo if your really wanting to know for certain is to be the lab rat and test the theory.

Well from what spdandpwr posted on my wheel thread in acurazine, people have been buying civic si coilovers and throwing it on the ilx? im confused because of all this nonsense.. thry have the same chassis but different compo as the ilx looks completely better then whats now the "civic si" and only a few parts are interchangeable. Imo if your really wanting to know for certain is to be the lab rat and test the theory.
    True.. you could test it.. a reputable company will let you return them, if you pay the shipping to send it back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.