1st attempt to remove front bumper - need official instructions or close to

+ Reply to Thread

1st attempt to remove front bumper - need official instructions or close to

Hi, I need instruction on how to remove front bumper - need official instructions or close to for the ILX

Also, has anyone done the OEM FOG light upgrade for those don't have fog lights?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I have not removed the ILX bumper but I've removed many other Acura bumpers.

Just take off all the bolts and bumper clips. There is sometimes a hidden philips screw in the corner of the bumper.

You just yank after that.

I did not have luck wiring OEM fog lights before. Not very good with wiring. Maybe someone else can jump in.

1. Pop open the hood and remove splash cover over the OEM grill (From memory I think it's 8 clips)
    2. Underneath the car there are a billion clips (Okay I think there are like 16 clips, and I believe two 10 mm bolts) to remove... remove those... In the side of the fender, there is one screw and I believe two other clips.. remove those as well.
    3. Place your hand and remove the bumper from the fender side slowly and pop them out of the clips. Careful not to pull too hard at one time because you can risk cracking the paint.
    4. Repeat for the other side
    5. IF you do have foglight housing disconnect wire harness. Will need to cut zip tie holding block heater (if you have a block heater...(Canadian version)
    6. Enjoy.. it's not as bad as it sounds, but if you have a clip remover it helps 10 fold.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Consult your owners manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumo View Post
    1. Pop open the hood and remove splash cover over the OEM grill (From memory I think it's 8 clips)
    2. Underneath the car there are a billion clips (Okay I think there are like 16 clips, and I believe two 10 mm bolts) to remove... remove those... In the side of the fender, there is one screw and I believe two other clips.. remove those as well.
    3. Place your hand and remove the bumper from the fender side slowly and pop them out of the clips. Careful not to pull too hard at one time because you can risk cracking the paint.
    4. Repeat for the other side
    5. IF you do have foglight housing disconnect wire harness. Will need to cut zip tie holding block heater (if you have a block heater...(Canadian version)
    6. Enjoy.. it's not as bad as it sounds, but if you have a clip remover it helps 10 fold.
    This is correct, good to keep some other sized sockets around, I find sometimes Honda/Acura trim also have random 12mm bolts and nuts, even some philips heads and flat heads.

keep us posted on your bumper removal, even some pic's of the removal will help.

You can actually remove the foglight a without taking off your bumper.

I will try to find the how-to from Honda on removing the bumper.

Honda DIY Foglight Instructions

There you go!

Post a before and after.
    Last edited by Trentimus; 04-27-2013 at 06:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.