OEM spoiler

Thread: OEM spoiler

OEM spoiler

What's the general opinion of the OEM rear spoiler? It's like 500 bucks (installed). You guys think it's worth it?
    I'm kinda on the fence.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I purchased the oem spoiler from a friend at acura with his discount so it ended up being 276 after taxes (399 msrp) and had it installed for 198 after taxes at acura. yes it's a lot of money but I love my spoiler! wish it would have come with the car when I leased it, but they did not have any with the accessory on the lot at that time.

image.jpg

If you're a diy person order it from www.curryacuraparts.com/mdx and do it yourself.

I ordered the whole oem kit and installed it myself. Comes with all instuctions but I won't lie. OEM parts while they do fit amazing, are a pain in the ass to install!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sumo View Post
    If you're a diy person order it from www.curryacuraparts.com/mdx and do it yourself.

I ordered the whole oem kit and installed it myself. Comes with all instuctions but I won't lie. OEM parts while they do fit amazing, are a pain in the ass to install!!
    I do most of the work on my cars myself, I was a Honda motorcycle mechanic for 10 yrs, but
    drilling holes in my trunk lid would be like sticking a needle in my eye. Don't think I could do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Saildog4534 View Post
    What's the general opinion of the OEM rear spoiler? It's like 500 bucks (installed). You guys think it's worth it?
    I'm kinda on the fence.
    I have a oem spoiler for sale from acura but its from a black ilx brand new in bow never opened with hardware

It's not too bad. Just make sure you seal it properly so it doesn't rust. I took some touchup paint and touched up the hole to seal it in too.

Drilling was pretty easy. The OEM spoiler comes with a template. Just put it over the trunk. Mark and drill! You'll need a 8mm and a 9mm hole.

Does it include a rubber gasket to sandwich in between the spoiler and the trunk and yeah touch up paint would be good to seal up the cracks in the paint so no rust can start.

yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumo View Post
    Drilling was pretty easy. The OEM spoiler comes with a template. Just put it over the trunk. Mark and drill! You'll need a 8mm and a 9mm hole.
    Not bad. Just make sure you dont push too hard or you will dent it. Or drill through and scratch the underside.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.