CBP-debadge, or not not to debadge....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Junior Member osimmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    arlington, tx
    Posts
    21

    CBP-debadge, or not not to debadge....

    Thinking of debadging my ILX, that "ACURA" and "ILX" emblems that is. plasti dip the center "A"very well may dip the window trim as well.. What do you guys think?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member ilxluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    635


    It'll look great.. imo minus the plastidipped trim. I like the polished trim but then again, I seem to be one of the few users looking at the ILX like a luxury car.

    What are you going to do if there are two prong holes left behind the A?

    As you can see my idea for the ilx is debadging the rear and leaving the front A but matching the grill to the car.




  4. #3
    Junior Member osimmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    arlington, tx
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by ilxluv View Post


    It'll look great.. imo minus the plastidipped trim. I like the polished trim but then again, I seem to be one of the few users looking at the ILX like a luxury car.

    What are you going to do if there are two prong holes left behind the A?

    As you can see my idea for the ilx is debadging the rear and leaving the front A but matching the grill to the car.
    well im pretty sure the "A" does have prongs.. i attempted to dip it... somehow i failed lol then thought id dip it red.... looked better but while removing the excess peeled off to much.. so im leaving it alone lol. ill post a photo of the debadge in a bit

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Junior Member osimmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    arlington, tx
    Posts
    21
    photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg

    taken while giving her a bath

  7. #5
    Senior Member ilxluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    635
    Wait im confused. You tried the rear A or front A?

    Cause it sounds like you said you tried it but your not sure I f it has prongs?

    Let me ask again. Did you remove the rear A badge? If so does the rear a badge have prongs and holes in the trunk behind it?

    OSimmons looking great. Did you try removing the A badge by any chance?




  8. #6
    Senior Member cfrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    600
    Debadge everything except the Acura badges

    That is my opinion.

    __________________
    Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote




  9. #7
    Senior Member ilxluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    635
    The A badge is the only part I dont like! hahaha

    A smaller A badge might be good but damn they are so big!




  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by ilxluv View Post


    It'll look great.. imo minus the plastidipped trim. I like the polished trim but then again, I seem to be one of the few users looking at the ILX like a luxury car.

    What are you going to do if there are two prong holes left behind the A?

    As you can see my idea for the ilx is debadging the rear and leaving the front A but matching the grill to the car.
    I'm all for the trunk lid being debadged. Thankfully unlike a lot trunk lids, it doesn't look as if it needed a badge, plus it doesn't have a spot on it designated for a badge as well.

    If it was up to me, I would debadge the rear and plasti dip the Acura badge on the beak

  11. #9
    Junior Member osimmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    arlington, tx
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by ilxluv View Post
    Wait im confused. You tried the rear A or front A?

    Cause it sounds like you said you tried it but your not sure I f it has prongs?

    Let me ask again. Did you remove the rear A badge? If so does the rear a badge have prongs and holes in the trunk behind it?

    OSimmons looking great. Did you try removing the A badge by any chance?
    in my 03 RSX-S i did and it had prongs.. im not 100% sure the ilx does but im pretty sure it fallows suit. and thanks

  12. #10
    Senior Member ilxluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuraPWR View Post
    I'm all for the trunk lid being debadged. Thankfully unlike a lot trunk lids, it doesn't look as if it needed a badge, plus it doesn't have a spot on it designated for a badge as well.

    If it was up to me, I would debadge the rear and plasti dip the Acura badge on the beak
    Wait. It doesnt have a designated spot?! How do you know this? I really hope youre right.




+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2