Parking/DRL lights

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Parking/DRL lights

Anyone know of a parking light/ drl bulb that will more closely match the factory HID appearance? Also what is actual bulb number? Book says its a 5 w, I know there are alot of bulbs (194 pretty much) that are the same that will fit into that but I wanted to make sure I had it right. I'm hoping to get an led bulb or something to put in that will match the HID.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I am actually looking into this. I will get back to you if I find anything out.

The factory color for the HIDs is 5K btw

5K, that helps. I'm sure we can track something down that works. I know ddm tuning is good for led bulbs. Can prob find a nice led bulb that will go in there

I actually think this one will go in there and the white will prob be a close match

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/194-T10-168-LED-Bulb
    Last edited by TexasFright; 11-21-2012 at 09:31 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

194 is your standard T10 connector isnt it? As long as you find a T10 connector that fits and a LED with a bin that is white and not blue it could match. I always find LEDs to be 6000K+ no matter what it sais on the package.

Yeah, good thing about those is they are cheap enough to buy a few different ones and plug and play for a match

Yep. I actually get my LED bulbs from dealextreme.com

CHEAP! Ebay is cheap too.

I want VLED's turn signals.. that switchback is sooo nice.. but we dont have clear corners available yet

Anyone willing to cut the amber lense out of their headlights so we can see what it will look like!?

Quote Originally Posted by Trentimus View Post
    I want VLED's turn signals.. that switchback is sooo nice.. but we dont have clear corners available yet

Anyone willing to cut the amber lense out of their headlights so we can see what it will look like!?
    It will look good, now get too it, cut that sucker out, put a switchback LED in and show us how it looks

I actually think the amber could just be taken out. Going to have to find someone to clear them or wait for aftermarket company to provide clear ones. If I were to open the headlight I would also swap the lens to a clear lens.

Can anyone post photos of the projector cutoff at night? What projector does the ILX run?

Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post

I actually think the amber could just be taken out. Going to have to find someone to clear them or wait for aftermarket company to provide clear ones. If I were to open the headlight I would also swap the lens to a clear lens.

Can anyone post photos of the projector cutoff at night? What projector does the ILX run?
    I should be as easy as taking off that outer lense and unscrewing the screws for that cover if any. I think it would be even cooler if we could some how make that piece clear again or "white" with a switch back LED behind it just so the light is dispersed nicely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.