The Light Show

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Light Show

The Light Show

Hey all, haven't found anyone talking about this.. but it's obviously a popular thing to go for these days..

I am looking into all the bulb numbers our interiors have so that I can do a conversion to all LEDs (which I know some already are) but generally looking to go red with my bulbs. Also, I am gonna look deeper into the ambient lighting the new Accords and Civics use.. My TSX had blue ambient lights (floor board, overhead, console) and it looked really nice, very subtle but it made the car feel more luxurious while driving. Is anyone else interested in doing something like this?

If so I'll post all the bulb numbers, where they're located and how many you would need of each.

I am also looking at the turn signals and daytime running lights.. I am gonna switch my foglights out for 5K LEDs for sure to match the headlights.. can't stand the yellowy look verses the super white headlights. I have got some free time and work and have already figured a list of all the exterior lights.
    GodsmackuINuhead likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Switch back LED turn signals would be awesome, i suggest you get them.

A good place to start with bulb numbers is your owners manual, it should cover all if not most of the bulbs in your ILX

Quote Originally Posted by AcuraPWR View Post

A good place to start with bulb numbers is your owners manual, it should cover all if not most of the bulbs in your ILX
    From what I have seen it only gives wattage on 90% of the bulbs.. the headlights and fogs are listed but others aren't specified.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I know from different threads that many of us are looking into the bulb size and numbers for the ILX.
    I have just ordered all of the interior lights and will be replaced by LEDs. As soon as I get them, and make sure they all fit, I will post the info in a thread. After that I will move to the exterior.

All the bulb sizes/types should be in your manual. You just have to order the LED which is the right socket and which you think will fit. You can usually get dimensions of the LEDs and you just look at the housing and try to figure out if it'll fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Piguo1 View Post
    I know from different threads that many of us are looking into the bulb size and numbers for the ILX.
    I have just ordered all of the interior lights and will be replaced by LEDs. As soon as I get them, and make sure they all fit, I will post the info in a thread. After that I will move to the exterior.
    Before and after pictures along with that list of LED's and anything else will be great to see

If the types of bulbs are not listed in your manual. Then just physically take them out and look at the size yourself. Easiest way as of now

Any pictures regarding what the final product will look like?

I'd like to see them too

Quote Originally Posted by AcuraPWR View Post

The main problem with switchbacks on this car is that the amber plastic covers the bulb. By placing a bulb that turns white and flashes amber, you won't notice much of an affect to justify the $70 pair of bulbs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.