Official De-Badged Thread...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Official De-Badged Thread...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9

    Smile Official De-Badged Thread...

    Take them off my friends... Show off your clean De-Badged ILX's...

    image.jpg

    image.jpg

    image.jpg
    Last edited by C-LO; 10-21-2012 at 03:16 AM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by C-LO View Post
    Take them off my friends... Show off your clean De-Badged ILX's...

    image.jpg
    Thats awesome! Love how cars look when they're debagded with only the vehicle maker badge left
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by ILX-Fan View Post
    Thats awesome! Love how cars look when they're debagded with only the vehicle maker badge left
    All the cars I own get De-badged... Love the way they look clean.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member cfrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    600
    Yep definitely much nicer without the badges.

    __________________
    Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote



    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #5
    Member GodsmackuINuhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    39
    Easy to take em off? Fishing line trick work on these?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsmackuINuhead View Post
    Easy to take em off? Fishing line trick work on these?
    You do not want to use fishing line because you might scratch the paint. Use floss and a hair dryer ... Heat the area each letter individually for about 45 seconds on high. Then slide the floss behind each letter "one at a time!!!" . Slide the floss at different areas or angles of each letter. Apply heat when you feel the floss getting stuck. (DO NOT TUG OR PULL ON THE LETTER) because the oppisite side of the letter will dig into the paint. After removing the letters simply heat the leftover glue and rub off with you finger. Do not scratch it with your nail!!! Finish it off with a little wax and you should be good to go...
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by C-LO View Post
    You do not want to use fishing line because you might scratch the paint. Use floss and a hair dryer ... Heat the area each letter individually for about 45 seconds on high. Then slide the floss behind each letter "one at a time!!!" . Slide the floss at different areas or angles of each letter. Apply heat when you feel the floss getting stuck. (DO NOT TUG OR PULL ON THE LETTER) because the oppisite side of the letter will dig into the paint. After removing the letters simply heat the leftover glue and rub off with you finger. Do not scratch it with your nail!!! Finish it off with a little wax and you should be good to go...
    Is there any sort of chemical or cleaner we can use to get ride of the glue? just heating it up and rubbing it off seems like it'll smudge it.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9
    No just keep rubbing it in the same direction. Lightly pinch and pull the glue off. Or use a microfiber towel and rub it off.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #9
    Super Moderator Popeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    431
    I myself would prefer a smaller Acura badge on the rear
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    I myself would prefer a smaller Acura badge on the rear
    It looks way better when you add the deck lid....
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2