Need help with Tint

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with Tint

Since this car is so new, my wife and I have not seen any with tint or actually any other ones on the road besides ours. My wife wanted some opinions on what kind of tint she should go with. She was thinking Limo on the back 3 and 20 on the front 2. Anyone have suggestions with attached pictures? Thanks for the help.

She drives a Black ILX

I drive a Carbon Steel Gray 2012 VW GTI. I have 15 all around but she is not sure how it will look on her ILX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Limo on the back three is no problem but that usually what people do on coupes, but since the windows on the front and back are pretty much almost the same size. You want to have a smooth transition. otherwise it will not look nice. If anything you might not want that much of a dramtic different in level of tint. You can do 15 on the back 3 and 20-25 on the front.

Heres a pic of a ilx with around 20% all around. It looks even.

I acutually like the 20 all around that is a very nice look. Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Tint percentage is completely up to you. There is no WRONG tint. Just get a quality brand tint through a quality installer.

If you are worried about visibility in the front or legal issues you may or may not want lighter tints on the front two. In terms of looks it's best to go the same all around. How dark you want is up to you. The only problem with dark tints is night driving of course. With that said both my cars have 15% tints all around.

I know that tint is totally preferance. It was more to see if there was anyone one here that had pictures of what their cars looked with tint and what % so we could get a better idea.

Most tint shops have tinted glass to show you. Go check one out and see if you like how it looks from the outside and more importantly the inside. If it's too dark for your taste it might be more an inconvenience than a convenience.

Just make sure you check out the tinting laws in your area and see what the darkest shade you can go with otherwise your gonna be hassled.

Make sure you find a good installer and get good quality tints.

Can't seem to find many photos of ILX with tints.

Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    Tint percentage is completely up to you. There is no WRONG tint. Just get a quality brand tint through a quality installer.

If you are worried about visibility in the front or legal issues you may or may not want lighter tints on the front two. In terms of looks it's best to go the same all around. How dark you want is up to you. The only problem with dark tints is night driving of course. With that said both my cars have 15% tints all around.
    What are some quality brands that you recommend?

3M tints are high quality. F1 Pinnacle, Huper Optik are two popular brands. The thing about the tint industry is that most of the tints made are made by the same people being sold as different brands. Just make sure you ask what brand of tint your installer is using and do some research on the tint before accepting it.

There is a difference between good and bad tint.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.