2014 ILX Lamp Replacements

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By ilxluv
  • 1 Post By tl-freak
  • 1 Post By Scuuuba_Steve

Thread: 2014 ILX Lamp Replacements

2014 ILX Lamp Replacements

Just purchased the ILX. Where can I find the lamp replacement guide? Sylvania only has 2013. Is that the same? Specifically I want to change the halogen headlights, high beam lights, and backup lights. Thank you in advance for the help.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

2013 and 2014 should be same...not sure on halogen headlights, but should be 9005 high beams and 921 back up lights.

Well, buying a new car is a complicated, sometimes unpleasant, process. Since this is likely the biggest purchase you'll make outside of your home, you should be sure you're getting the best deal possible.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Koolerbuy, wtf are you on? Send me some.

Had me wondering the same thing...lol....

Changing the foglights is a very simple process. There is a philips screw under each side of the front bumper. You will need to have at least 6" long tip philips screwdriver to loosen the screws. The screws do not come off...they just loosen. the pry off the foglight covers using a flat-head. Wrap the tip with a towel before prying. Once the covers are off, take the philips again and remove the (2) screws holding the housing in place. Unplug and swap the bulbs.

If your car did not come with HID headlights, upgrading them to an HID kit or using the Sylvania will be a bit of a challenge. Removing the front bumper cover first:

Passenger Side: Make sure that your windsheild washer fluid reservoir is not completely full. If it is, drain some fluid out by spraying. Once the fluid level is below the upper white tube, remove the black clip holding the tube in place near the opening. Jiggle the upper tube while twisting and pulling till the tube just pops out. This will give you more room to get your hand inside and under the frame to reach the bulb. Once your done with that, pop the upper tube back on and push the fastener back in place to lock the tube in.

Driver Side: A bit harder. There is a small black cover that you need to remove that has (2) push pin locking pins. Take a thin pointy screw driver and push the (2) pins in to unlock and unhook the clip on the other side of the cover....then pull out. You can also remove the fuse box cover if that will add some room as well. With one hand pushing the lower intake tube out of the way, you can then squeeze your other hand in to remove bulb.

If you are lucky, this will only take about 30 mins to complete the whole process.

NOTE* if you are upgrading just the HID bulbs take your time. you dont have much room to play with and scratching the bulbs on the way in or dropping them will ruin your day.

DRL: These are the easiest to swap out as they are just there once you pop your hood open.
    dbsmith likes this.

anyone know the map lights style? just got the 2013 and looking for swap out all the interior lights with LEDs.

Quote Originally Posted by ygabby View Post
    anyone know the map lights style? just got the 2013 and looking for swap out all the interior lights with LEDs.
    Check out this thread. I grabbed the bulbs posted from the picture posted and they all fit. Haven't done the map light yet since I can't figure out how to remove. All the bulbs are an amazon, I got for about $30 for everything with plenty of extras.

http://www.ilxforums.com/forum/11-ac...ulb-sizes.html
    dbsmith likes this.

So the fog light, the only
    way I can change it is under neat the car?

2014 ILX:

Low Beam Headlight Bulb Size: LED Headlights
    High Beam Headlight Bulb Size: 9005 or 9005 HID Upgrade Kit or 9005 LED Upgrade Kit
    Parking Light Bulb Size: 168
    Daytime Running Light Bulb Size: 9005 or 9005 HID Upgrade Kit or 9005 LED Upgrade Kit
    Fog Light Bulb Size: H11 or H11 HID Upgrade Kit or H11 LED Headlight Kit
    Cornering Light Bulb Size: N/A
    Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 7440
    Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 7440
    Front Sidemarker Light Bulb Size: 168
    Rear Side Marker Light Bulb Size: 7443
    Tail Light Bulb Size: 7443
    Reverse Tail Light Bulb Size: 921
    Brake Light Bulb Size: 7443
    Dome Light Bulb Size: DE3175
    License Plate Light Bulb Size: 168
    Trunk/Cargo Area Light Bulb Size: 168
    Footwell Light Bulb size: 74

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.