Illuminated door sill trim

+ Reply to Thread

Illuminated door sill trim

Does anyone have the illuminated door sill trim kit installed? Can you post some pictures?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

My friend has hers installed with the door trim and door sill kit. I have to say the door trim wasn't worth it. The door sills actually looks pretty good. Rear doors don't light up though.

I was planning on putting led strips on the bottom of the doors so they shine on the ground. The door sills just dont seem worth it to me. A little do it yourself job will be more beneficial and cost effective pmy opinion but you may like it. I'd say find out how much the door sill trims cost and then weigh your options

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I can get them with installation for $440.

If price doesnt matter go for it. But I can think of a lot better ways id spend 400.

At the moment there only seems to be the more expensive option of the dealer installed door sill trim. I contacted a custom fabricator who makes door sills, and many other quality products for Hondas and a few other Japanese brands. If any California owners are willing to give an hr or two of their time at their shop so they can perform some test fitments and take dimensions I'm sure they can come up with a quality product. I do not want to violate any forum rules by giving out the shop's info as this may constitute advertising. If you pm I can get you the contact info and website so that you can look at the products yourselves

I had the door sills installed right when i bought it andthey look real amazing but only the to front ones light up cost was 347 installed usd. here a night pic2014-08-01 00.26.20.jpg

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.