Scratch Repair Cost

+ Reply to Thread

Scratch Repair Cost

Car got scratched on the rear passenger side door near the very bottom. Any idea how much a repair would cost, better out of pocket or insurance? It seems to be just paint that came off, any idea if I can just repaint it myself?

IMG_20130701_223527.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Out of pocket would be cheaper. Some of the paintless dent repair places can do spot repaints for decently cheap. Had the rear bumper done on a car for $250.

Below is a better picture. Got two quotes, 1100-1500$. They said they can't just paint that door panel, they have to paint the entire side of the car since they need more room when they spray the paint. Sucks.

Last edited by Arctic; 07-02-2013 at 06:20 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

body shop? That's crazy high.

Went to a body shop and a paintless dent repair place. Both quoted around the same for the same reasons (having to paint the entire side of the car, take off the chrome moldings, etc). My deductible is 500$ but that is not worth 500$ to me. I ordered some touch up paint supplies online and will just try that. Don't really care if its not perfect, just want it less visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    Went to a body shop and a paintless dent repair place. Both quoted around the same for the same reasons (having to paint the entire side of the car, take off the chrome moldings, etc). My deductible is 500$ but that is not worth 500$ to me. I ordered some touch up paint supplies online and will just try that. Don't really care if its not perfect, just want it less visible.
    Do a search on You Tube for "auto scratch repair". Lotsa good vids.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.