Front Lip Retrofit

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Front Lip Retrofit

Purchased the front lip off an STI.
    Used a couple stock mounting points and made 4 more of my own to make sure it wasn't coming off.

Before

After

Another shot of the lip as well as the plastidip grill I did. I honestly couldn't tell if I liked the metal look better.
    At close the plastidip looked bad in my opinion. Must have put too much on. From a far it looked as it does in the picture which was cool.

I may do the grill again in anthracite or just do the smoke again without going too dark. It looked really rough and textured at first which I didnt like so I kept laying down coats until it got an orange peel look which is what I think looks bad upclose but better than the sandy textured look it gave before. I think I got the hang of it towards the end so if my wheels turn out good Ill definitely try the grill again in a more metallic gun metal color called Anthracite.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by neveronlineilx Hidden Content
    ..don't want others whom lack imagination and have more spending money than me to bite ideas..
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Beak and splitter look good! You gonna mask off the polished part of the spoke when you
    Plasti-dip the wheels?

that lip actually looks really good in my opinion

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

The "beak" is back to the original brushed metal look. I like it better that way.
    And no, I wont be masking off the polished part. You cant really do that with plastidip because the plastidip is meant to peel off so it sticks to the masking tape.

I like it
    Nice plate frame haha

REALLY nice touch with the lip.. I really like it.

The lip looks really good. I feel like that texture is kind of the nature of the beast with plasti dip, I have however had some luck with masking stuff off with it, just a little tricky... The car really looks great with the yellow fogs though!

Quote Originally Posted by ilxluv View Post
    Purchased the front lip off an STI.
    Used a couple stock mounting points and made 4 more of my own to make sure it wasn't coming off.

Before

After

Another shot of the lip as well as the plastidip grill I did. I honestly couldn't tell if I liked the metal look better.
    At close the plastidip looked bad in my opinion. Must have put too much on. From a far it looked as it does in the picture which was cool.

I may do the grill again in anthracite or just do the smoke again without going too dark. It looked really rough and textured at first which I didnt like so I kept laying down coats until it got an orange peel look which is what I think looks bad upclose but better than the sandy textured look it gave before. I think I got the hang of it towards the end so if my wheels turn out good Ill definitely try the grill again in a more metallic gun metal color called Anthracite.
    Looks awesome the width is nearly identical from the looks in the picture. Props for being so creative I can;t wait to see what else you have in store for your ILX. What's next?

Really love the look of that lip. What year STI is that from? OEM or aftermarket? What brand?

Thanks for the kind words.

It's aftermarket. 2006 sti
    I believe its the "v style"

There are two main styles. Its the one without the side winglets.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.