Lamin-X Protective FogLight Film DIY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Lamin-X Protective FogLight Film DIY

Lamin-X Protective FogLight Film DIY

Very easy. Almost wasn't going to make a DIY but figured someone may want to read it.
    Again, it is very simple.

before

You can order these off Amazon or from Lamin-X themselves. I found it to be the same pricing but I love Amazon and I use Amazon Prime so I purchased through Amazon.
    You can pick up an entire front end film kit for headlights and fogs. They let you choose between clear protective, light tint, smoke, and yellow... maybe blue too. You can choose smoked headlights and yellow fogs if youd like even. They also have rear set ups for the tails and reflectors.

Package comes with film ONLY. I ended up not using the decal applier from Otterbox or the lens cleaner they recommended.

I just cleaned the surface with a towel and some water. Peel the backing off and apply.
    I found it easiest to line up the outside bottom of the film so when you are standing you can see that edge is perfect. The slight gap it leaves at the top wont be visible. I also found it seems to be pretty pliable. You can peel it off and reapply many times and it has a bit of stretch.
    For larger applications they suggest misting the sticky side ONCE which will prevent less air bubbles.

Done

The difference is far more drastic when the lights are off. Turning them on looks pretty stock in my opinion. Yellow bulbs would change that.

I absolutely love the crisp cut off on Acura HIDs. Still to this day fabricators are making TL HIDs retrofit into their civic, integra, prelude, etc. The fogs have a pretty crisp cut off as well in my opinion.

In all, foglight film cost was 14.95$
    Full kits are around 54.95$

Trentimus likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by neveronlineilx Hidden Content
    ..don't want others whom lack imagination and have more spending money than me to bite ideas..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Awesome! I want to do this now.

Do it mang. It's real easy and it's a pretty distinct difference.
    camera

phone

Trentimus and chinoxii like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Looks good! Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by ilxluv View Post
    Do it mang. It's real easy and it's a pretty distinct difference.
    camera

phone
    Def on my list

I have to say I am a bit sketch on putting headlight or taillight film on with this product. I don't see how to pree cut out can fold around the entire headlight or taillight. I have plans for the rear lower reflectors to go pretty dark but keep a redish tone still.

And thanks for the comments guys. Can't wait to see the white, blue, black, red and silver done (in that order) with yellow fogs. Next I'm going to get some LEDs for my DRLs so they look pretty while they stay running.
    And I currently have an itch to further play with my cosmetics so plastidip is in the future.

Trentimus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilxluv View Post
    And thanks for the comments guys. Can't wait to see the white, blue, black, red and silver done (in that order) with yellow fogs. Next I'm going to get some LEDs for my DRLs so they look pretty while they stay running.
    And I currently have an itch to further play with my cosmetics so plastidip is in the future.
    Really like the yellow fogs. What are your future plans for Plasti dip? The beak?

Definitely the beak. But not black like I have been seeing, That's gross and looks like it's missing the grill.
    You'll have to wait and see my man.

I think the black grill looks good. But to each there own. Should be interesting to see what you do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.