Turbocharge or Supercharge the ILX?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Turbocharge or Supercharge the ILX?

Turbocharge or Supercharge the ILX?

Theres always been a long time running debate as to which one is better than the other. A lot of the times it just boils down to personal taste. So which one would you do to the ILX and why? Don't just say "this is cheaper", "this is more reliable", etc......... actually explain why you chose that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Uhhhh....

Do whatever you want? turbo vs supercharger. who cares. Just buy whatever you want...

lame

personally i always notice a lot of honda and acura cars benefit a lot from a supercharger. hondas are known for high reving, free flowing motors. a supercharger would give it that extra torque down low that most honda motors need.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

R20
    All i know is full race produces a turbo kit for the R18 which i have no idea why and they also have a turbo kit for the K20 Block and k24 black as far as im concerned boost will be very doo able, but why would anyone want to do that to a fwd, N/A high revving motor from a race car driver point of view.

In all honesty i would super charge the car to compensate for low end torque.

Turbo Kits all the way!

fyi thats a full race turbo kit!

I can see where this is going almost reminds me of the whole B18 B20 setup... watch we'll see R20 blocks with R18 head one day... just wait ! haha

I would probably go with the supercharger to keep the characteristics of the motor and keep the power linear across the board instead off turbo charging it. When turbo kicks in, theres too much thrust and all that torque at once can be dnagerous and prematurely wear out parts not to mention the maintenance. Even though both need maintenance I would stick it out for the supercharger in a long run.

Quote Originally Posted by TypeS View Post
    I can see where this is going almost reminds me of the whole B18 B20 setup... watch we'll see R20 blocks with R18 head one day... just wait ! haha
    that will be pretty sick, way too costly to do now unless your a baller.
    what you think it might cost to do something like that?

R20
    No idea.. you'd have to find someone to find the tollerances measure the pistons and see the height difference.

Theres a lot to go by when you do stuff like this esp when your the furst person, need to find out piston bore size and stroke and the over all compression when the 2 blocks are joined!

Quote Originally Posted by R20 View Post
    All i know is full race produces a turbo kit for the R18 which i have no idea why and they also have a turbo kit for the K20 Block and k24 black as far as im concerned boost will be very doo able, but why would anyone want to do that to a fwd, N/A high revving motor from a race car driver point of view.

In all honesty i would super charge the car to compensate for low end torque.
    Because sometimes, oversteer just isn't good enough. Sometimes you wanna just nose it into the wall.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.