Got my car back from injen tech, here's my review.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Got my car back from injen tech, here's my review.

Got my car back from injen tech, here's my review.

So I received my car back from injen technologies today after a long 4 1/2 days with out my baby, I decided to give my review ahead of time. I do not have the dyno sheets yet but ill post them when I do. [email protected] verified that the civic si cai and ilx cai are indeed different. They are very similar and fit, but the ILX's maf is 1/9 and the Si's is 1/18 I believe is what he told me. Anyways he said it was bad to run the si's cai because the ILX runs very lean already. He ran my car on the dyno about 50 times for the stock box, cai, and short ram; he said that acura did an excellent job on our motors because it always ran consistent numbers with the stock box and that's what he wanted to achieve with the injen tech intakes.... Which he did. Not a fan of the polish color but I love that I am the very first ILX owner with the injen series cai. As for performance wise, I LOVE DRIVING MY CAR EVEN MORE. With a 12hp gain, the noises of the my motor sucking in clean cold air deepens the tone of the exhaust. Also vtec cracks WHOLE LOT LOUDER. It's simply a nice tasteful mod to add, if rate it 4.9/5 just because the color doesn't catch my eye. Over all great intake and you guys NEEED it.:thumbsup::thumbsup::toocool::yum:

Trentimus and chinoxii like this.
    Future ilx mods
    -Oem Lips and sideskirts
    -Buy more wheels
    -tint
    -more custom sh*t
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Congrats on the intake. I think it looks great.

I have a comment or two to make about your technician however. Sounds like he likes to hear himself talk.. like me.
    Differences in MAF size is negligible. It is a constant debate between tuners whether the sizing really does much. The best explanation I can give is a smaller MAF will allow for faster air and a quicker throttle response where as a larger MAF will allow for more air but wont build the velocity the same way.

In the end though, the MAF is part of the car and not replaced with an intake. So regardless of WHAT intake you run our MAF will always be 1/9. A 1/9 MAF will pretty easily fit into the rubber housing of a 1/18 civic si CAI. The sensor remains the same size though so not sure why the technician even mentioned it.

Is the Injen CAI Cali Smog legal? Any idea?
    And if trentimus chimes in, does your AEM intake have that C bend like above? I know yours does slightly but I thought it hooked straight down like a J instead of a complete C.

And P.S. What do you mean in your signature by no camber BS? What stance do you plan on rolling?

Torren61 likes this.

Thanks kind sir lol.

Well according the the tech, he did run the civic si kit and compared it to the ilx kit; the ilx kit pulled up different numbers. What I've noticed is everything has to be precise or else you can't get correct numbers. For instance when he tried the so kit, he wasn't really getting the full 12 hp gains like the ilx kit did. Which is why they are selling them as complete different kits. I believe I got them mixed around because the si one was be bigger one. I recall he said the ilx runs a little lean so having it suck in more air is ridiculous. Sorry, I was really excited about getting my car back to pay closer attention. But he did mention these differences. I'm waiting on his email so I can get this more clarified with the terms of differences.

Also it's not really much of a "C" as to it bends a couple times which makes it more like an "S".
    And I have no clue, I don't remember seeing carb numbers but ill check tomorrow morning.

I want a nice flush VIP stance not a ridiculous stance like in this pic.
    Last edited by SlammedILX; 05-18-2013 at 06:00 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I would like to be back to back dyno plots by an independent tester and where the 12hp was made. Before VTEC crossover or after because if it's before that would make the car more enjoyable on the street , above you'll only benefit at the race track

Injen typically dynos really low, the car will probably make like 150 before and 160 after.. Just keep that in mind

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! This is good for the ILX

OP. I was referring to the "no camber bs" comment. You'll need camber to dial in a flush set up or else you simply wont be flush. No really possible without camber or insanely unsafe stretched tired and a gnarly fender pull. Camber is truly your friend.

Trentimus likes this.

I heard you love camber so

Congrats braaadah! Enjoy
    SlammedILX and Trentimus like this.

very nice. I cant wait till I can start lightly modding my ILX.

That is one crazy bend in the cold air intake. Shame they couldnt make it a straighter pipe.

Looks good though.

RELEASE THE VTEC CROSSOVER!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.