RV6 Catted DP
    AEM CAI
    Hondata Flashpro - Tuned by VitViper

Appearance:
    Debadged
    32% Tint

Interior:
    Dynamat all over
    Open cell foam in windows (for wind noise)

Right out of the box - AEM CAI 21-716C
    AEMCAI.jpg
    Installed - it just happened to match my car color!
    CAI.jpg
    It goes down right into behind the fog light.
    Filter.jpg

The Intake is effectively pulling temps right above ambient.. anywhere from 2-5F over ambient during WOT.
    The intake DEFINITELY made the motor sound AMAZING.. it added a DEEP sound at WOT without affecting regular driving. I also noticed increased throttle response.

RV-6 Catted DP
    Out of the box
    DP.jpg
    After Hi-Temp coating..
    CoatedDP.jpg

The downpipe added some rasp at certain RPMs and on cold starts, but overall I would recommend this to anyone. It's also known to be the biggest bang for the buck on the K24. Adding over 10WHP before a tune.

**Post wont allow over 5 photos**
    Last edited by Trentimus; 04-24-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    K24Z7.. Like a boss!

2013 Polished Metal Metallic "Dynamic" Hidden Content ; 32% tint all around, so far...

CT-E Supercharger is in route... Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Flashpro in!
    Hondata.jpg
    Flashpro at work
    FP.jpg

VitViper is still working on my tune and eDyno will give us some WHP/WTQ numbers when the tune is done.

And soon to come........CT-Engineering Supercharger
    ... stay tuned
    CT-E.jpg

Special shoutout to
    RV-6 Performance
    HeelToe Automotive Parts
    VitViper
    & CT-Engineering
    Last edited by Trentimus; 04-24-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    K24Z7.. Like a boss!

2013 Polished Metal Metallic "Dynamic" Hidden Content ; 32% tint all around, so far...

CT-E Supercharger is in route... Hidden Content

just awesome.

I can't wait for the dyno numbers. Guys at heeltoe are great. I've bought a few things from them before for the TL.

My RV6 True Dual Exhaust + HPFC + Jpipe should be here mid May. I am pretty damn excited.

Trentimus likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    just awesome.

I can't wait for the dyno numbers. Guys at heeltoe are great. I've bought a few things from them before for the TL.

My RV6 True Dual Exhaust + HPFC + Jpipe should be here mid May. I am pretty damn excited.
    Thanks. VitViper is on the 5th revision of my tune and we haven't even started on logging pulls into VTEC. You can tell the car really likes to breathe, so much deeper at WOT now.

RV6 makes some real quality parts.. the stainless steel was so pretty and I wouldn't of changed it but the coating will help with heatsoak, and keep the exhaust heat away from the motor. I considered going 3" all the way but it's a bit too loud and only gains about 5WHP over 2.5" piping. The 2.5" also fits better, lower risk of scraping or snagging on the ground and it's quieter.

The CT-E beta tester had a 2.5" exhaust set-up and he made 270whp/240wtq on the 3.6" pulley (Stage 1) and 340whp/260wtq on the 3.15" pulley (Stage 2). I have the injectors for Stage 2 but I am going to run Stage 1 until my car is completely paid for and I get an aftercooler setup.

Next step is suspension but I am trying to space it out a bit, that way I can enjoy each of my mods, respectively.

* I also got quoted for the LSD installation which is $1600 including parts and labor. That's for a Civic Si direct LSD swap.

Awesome. Can't wait to see that shit.

Doing the work yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by ilxluv View Post
    Awesome. Can't wait to see that shit.

Doing the work yourself?
    I will be doing everything within my tool-means. I tried to do the DP but I didn't have the extenders to get to it properly, I paid my friends shop $75 to install it. Everything else outside of tuning is and will be all me; well minus the LSD.. I don't know the first thing about installing a diff.

Hmm. Hope I don't have any issues. Congrats dude. Cant wait to hear how you like the supercharger.

P.S. What is WOT?

nice to see a build like this. I'm pretty sure after your success many will follow with this set up. Are you running bigger injectorss and a different fuel pump?

Not sure what type of supercharger it is but Im guessing its a roots/scroll type like on the kit previously for the k24 on the tsx. For any scroll type you can expect a whine type sound throughout the rev band getting louder as you move upwards i the revs. and a centrifugal barely makes any sound except for at idle.

WOT means wode open throttle.

I am going to be running 750cc injectors with the stock fuel pump, right around 7lbs of boost..

I had an 03 Cobra which had an Eaton (roots-style) blower and it's whine was AMAZING! I really wanted the SC for the sound as much as the power.. The K24 CT-E kit IS also an Eaton charger, so there will be whine!

And, yep! WOT means wide open throttle.

Thanks guys, hope to get some videos up soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.